| How We Measure
All designs are measured from end-to-end (of the breakaway closure when pulled tight). On the Locked Donut design, the pendant will hang from the midpoint of its end-to-end length. These locked pendants hang approximately 1.5 inches below the midpoint of the necklace. In the Dangling Donut and Flat Rock designs, the pendant is an integral part of the bead flow of the necklace; it does not add much additional length.
How You Measure
We aim to offer both a shorter and longer selection when it comes to length control. Not everyone is standard size, and we appreciate that: Being unique is a good thing! Differences in bust and neck size, coupled with your own style preferences, mean that many women can't find that "just right fit" when buying pre-made jewelry. Simply select a necklace and then select the length that fits you from our drop-down menus on the product page. All sizing options and associated fees are displayed, so there are no surprises.
One Size Does Fit Most
You'll be happy to hear that our standard sizing works for 95% of Mommy Necklace wearers.
The table below provides a quick sizing reference. Please allow up to .25 inch "give" in your necklace.
||Length (+ or - 0.25)|
|Dangling Donut Strand
||A 34" and B 32"|
|Tier A (outer)
|Tier B (middle)
|Tier C (inner)
|Color Block Strand
|Flat Facet Strand
Detailed Sizing & Design Aspects
- Dangling Donut Strands come standard in a longer length. The original Mommy Necklace, it was designed purposefully around the moveable, dangling donut pendant that appeals to the busy breast-fed baby and the hair-pulling, hip-carried toddler. This classic design has bead elegance and major appeal. The donut is removable on all Dangling Donut Strands.
- Faceted Rocks are standard in a shorter length. Faceted Rocks are large enough to twiddle and look fashionable, but are also lightweight and easy to wear, even for someone unaccustomed to wearing jewelry. These are the perfect blend of simple and modern.
- The Locked Donut pendant is cord-wrapped and lays flat, and its size is perfectly proportioned to our beads: Not too large or too small, but just right. The Locked Donut look is polished, while the shorter length gives it a functional, fashionable style. (If you own a Locked Donut design, please make sure your little one does not twist or wind up the donut. This repeated pressure on a Locked Donut may weaken the cording where it ties to the pendant. This is the only Mommy Necklace design with a higher risk of breakage than others.)
- Our Chic Strands have a shorter or longer length option. Large beads give a chunky, chic dimension all the way around the necklace. Chic Strands stand out on their own against busy patterns, and they offer endless layering possibilities with other Mommy Necklace color collections and collective strands.
- Collectives (when ordered at standard length) are tiered strands that can be worn together, paired with other MN strands, or as stand alone pieces. Collectives are composed of three strand sizes: Tier A, Tier B, and Tier C. Tier A is standard at 34", Tier B is standard at 32", and Tier C is standard at 30". Tier A and B are seasonally re-designed in Collection Collectives while Tier A, B, and C in Customized Collectives are always available as single-beaded, single-colored strands. Depending on availability color options for Customized Collective strands may vary.
- Our Pearlized Birthstone Colors are available for you to design a Custom Color Block in any birthstone choices that are personally meaningful (or just plain pretty!) to you. Our Mommy Necklaces' exclusive jewel-toned colors are inspired by their corresponding birth month general color reference and are a unique way to make your MN personal and colorful!
- Nourish Necklace comes standard at 34", but it also offered at 30". Known as THE nursing necklace, this bold and bright design made its debut in March 2005 and has been helping nursing mothers all over the world ever since. Loaded with sensory appeal -- color, movement, and sound -- it is sure to distract and occupy a twiddling baby.
- Bracelets are sturdy enough to withstand motherhood and are available in three sizes: 7", 7.5", and 8". If you have a small wrist, it will wear loose. If you have a large wrist, it will fit more snug. Bracelets are stranded on the same cord and use the same closure as our necklaces. However, we don't generally recommend them for use as an extender (ie: snapping your bracelet to your necklace). This may loosen the length of your bracelet as it is stretched by your necklace and may interfere with the function of your closure over time.